Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Photo shoot tomorrow

Just got off the phone with Mom. The CAT scan showed no signs of nerve damage that would throw her into this state of chronic vomiting. My thanks to everyone for not saying, or letting me say, "Oh, my God...brain !," today. This week the doctors have also ruled out any kidney damage, and Addison's disease (which my grandmother and JFK both had). Tomorrow she is going to have the scope that involves swallowing a teeny-weeny camera to see if there are any Sports Illustrated swimsuit models in her small intestine. In the night her blood pressure got down to 90/36, but it is better now. She might be strong enough to go for a little walk with her walker and a nurse aide this evening. There doesn't seem to be anything I could accomplish by being up there. The short phone calls with Mom, and the very long ones with Dad seem to invigorate both of them. That's me, the human Snickers bar. If I thought she would get the joke, I'd tell Mom to put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up!


No comments: