Monday, October 18, 2004

Nebraska foods

While searching for information about runzas, I found this fun slide show of Russell Stovers candy plants.


I used to know the secret codes in the chocolate swirls so I could find a caramel every time.


The original Runza Drive-In on the way to Pioneers Park.


Ask any Nebraskan about pizza, and they will tell you "Valentino's"!

Kind of scary, but it tastes like home to me.


Miller and Paine's tearoom served the best macaroni and cheese and cinnamon rolls on the planet. I even worked in the bakery department at the Gateway store for a short time and got very sticky putting fresh baked cinnamon roll dozens into plastic bags.

There weren't any good photos out there of Weaver's potato chips or Skyline Dairy's Swiss Almond ice cream.

And now that I'm on a roll, what about the donut machine in Ideal Grocery?

No comments: